Wednesday 9 April 2008

THE JERSEY DEVIL

The celebrated sports-mascot is a part of actual, North American mythology passed down from the American Indians. Alternately, the Jersey Devil is said to be the undying, demonic offspring of a cursed woman by the name of Mrs. Leeds. Either way, sightings of the fearsome, New Jersey resident go back hundreds of years, though descriptions of the beast vary wildly from that of a dragon, to a winged stag to a bigfoot-like creature. By some reports it is known to prey on livestock, terrorize naughty children, and pepper snowy rooftops with it's hoof-prints.


2 comments:

Aslan said...

Gosh Ali
I live in Maryland an adjoining state to New Jersey, I got family in Hillside and Elizabeth. I have never heard of this devil. I want to know more. I absolutely love the graphic. And I'm really glad you decided to reclaim this site Sam Winterwood

Robin Lee Sardini said...

This sounds like the "chupacabra".